- The Penguins goal, less than 3 minutes in, didn't exactly make for that "good start" we needed in order to take their crowd out of it. Ozzie didn't cover the near post well at all after giving up a rebound.
- After that, though, the defense was back to lockdown mode.
- The captain evened things up only minutes later. The word "relief" comes to mind.
- Ozzie went from giving up a softie to being inpenetrable the rest of the way. He made a huge save or two.
- Somebody needs to put Malkin on a milk carton or something. I was all excited to see how good this guy actually is, and I haven't seen him once through 4 games. And not only that, but they haven't even mentioned an injury or why he's not playing or any of that stuff. I'm worried for the fans of Pittsburgh out there. But don't worry. I'm sure he'll return home after the playoffs are over and everybody leaves.
- Darren Helm made a great play to lift the stick of a Penguin defender, letting the puck glide right to Jiri Hudler who did the rest. What an awesome feeling when that puck bounced behind Fleury -- wow.
- Lastly, "The 5-on-3". This could be the most memorable defense of a 5-on-3 power play I witness as a Wings fan. Mainly because no others come to mind right now, but whatever. The Penguins' season was done when they failed to convert. And the biggest reason they failed? Hank Zetterberg. What a heads-up play. I don't ever remember an official "play of the game" being a defensive tie-up like last night's. Then a few seconds later he managed to get the puck and suck up a couple dozen seconds of the power play single handedly. A "Conn Smythe shift", as accurately called by NBC's Mike Emrick. My God what a shift. The best part, perhaps, was Sydney Crosby acting like an 11 year-old girl in the postgame. What a roaring vagina of a man.
When asked about Hank's shift on "The 5-on-3":
"My overies hurt."
Then he added some bullshit about how it "wasn't anything out of the ordinary". What a fucking tool. Enjoy your Captain, Pittsburgh. And his glued on mustache made up of Gary Roberts' pubes.